Tuesday 3 February 2009

Day 2 Measurements and Pics

Well, Day 2 already!

Day 1 Workout: I started GVT bit doing wrongly by doing 2 sets as SS by accident (default!). Did chest press on SB with 2 x 20kg KBs for 4 sets then had to drop to 16s for the rest! Didn't know how much rest to take so didn't take much at all. Have a dumbell stack that only goes to 24kgs so used those for the DLs and 40lb DBs for the BO Rows.... Did reverse hypers on the SB and actually enjoyed the harrups - poss a little too explosive press up wise - would love to do them under complete control! Windmills with 20kg KB and had to do bent knee raise as crappy doorway pull up bar and no space below or in front for straight legs. 4 x 40 reps at the end that felt like an eternity, but completed full workout in 65 mins (not inc wu / cd), including getting the freezing 16kg KBs from the van and having to go upstairs for each of the hanging leg raise space (nowhere for happups upstairs!). Did top end of reps where a range was listed.

Later re-read instructions and realised I started right on the GVT bit - was meant to be a SS!! D'oh. Preferred doing it that way too...

Day 2 Workout: Much shorter which was nice, and mostly 'mirror muscles' so not as full body - butr still intense. Clean and press with 16kg KB (6 each side). 8 reps of the military presses with 2 11kg KBs and used a pathetic 2kg for the side laterals - and was practically crying for 40 of these each time! Biceps curls (novel!) did 20lb DBs... A relief to have a shorter workout as headache from hell due to lack of caffeine!

Day 2 Measurements: Basically the same, navel has dropped from 31 to 30 but then when I did the first set it was in the evening after eating stuff I don't usually eat and that bloats me out: had toast and sausages for breakfast and had roast potatoes, fruit crumble and custard for dinner - very unlike me but there's something about a 'forced' restrictive diet that gets me eating things I don't eat anyway! The Elimination Diet is no wheat, sugar, dairy, caffeine or alcohol so managed to have a day with all of that in abundance on Sunday...

In fact, I'd had a bad weekend in terms of food, eaten more than normal as I was staying with my boyfriend's parents and it's always a bit tough to stick to my usual eating, and I'd had wine on Fri, Sat and Sunday (usually limit myself to one night a week!). So on Monday morning weighed in at 146lb, having been 140 on Friday! That usually happens to me after a few days of not-so-good eating so I would expect that to drop back by the end of the week anyway, ED or not... Still seeing the bloat effect in these pics, so expect that to have gone down in a few days, with the extra lb...

Have had the 'caffeine headache' from hell today - last time I gave up caffeine (in Nov, have only got back onto it again in late Dec / Jan) I had a whole day of splitting headache so I knew it was coming. Howeverm the first time I gave it up I had 3 days of cold and flu symptoms as well as the headache, so a day is not such a big deal. Especially as I know that tomorrow I will feel so much better for losing the caffeine: energy levels higher and more even, no afternoon crashes etc... But today has been painful. It made the workout hard work as my head was throbbing, but luckily Day 2's workout is shorter than Day 1.

Anyway, today's pics (looking miserable - never going to like being photographed, especially in such minimal attire!):

No comments:

Post a Comment