Sunday 8 February 2009

Day 6 Measurements and Pics

OK, actually didn't get pics today! Oli was in bed when I got up to get to the gym for my workout, and as I've been taking them before training thought I'd missed my window, and then we were just too busy... So a day is missing pic-wise!

Measurements all pretty much the same:
Chest 33
Shoulders 42
Navel 29
Waist 27.5
Hips 37
Thigh GF 22.5
Thigh Mid 18
Calf 13.5
Arm 12

Weight is annoying as I was 140 on Friday last week, then had a bit of a bad weekend (more cals than I should, wine 3 nights and ate foods I normally don't - in part as I knew the Elimination Diet was coming!) so went up to 146 by Monday (standard weight gain after a few days - of course a lot water / bloating etc - I certainly didn't eat 3500 over maintenance x 6 for that to be pure fat!) but whereas I usually drop down within a few days I've only dropped to 142.5lb.

I am eating a bit more than usual - I find I struggle to keep cals as low on the ED as when I can eat protein shakes and bars as they really fill me up on fewer cals. I eat more fruit and nuts on the ED and need more cals to feel satisfied. BUT that is one of the premises of the ED - you can lose fat even on higher cals once the fake foods are out. My diet is pretty clean usually so the main difference for me is the caffeine and sweetners and other stuff from protein shakes / bars.

Anyway, pretty sure some of the weight not dropping off is due to inflammation from the intense training - when I had a complete 3 week break from training in December (on 12-1400 cals / day and still being active) my weight dropped really quickly but fitness or muscle didn't seem to drop at all.

So a roundabout way of saying it doesn't bother me, honest, that I am now heavier than I was on Friday last week! I also have faith in the programme and I'm sure that there will be a 'whoosh' at some point - I'm eating at a deficit so should lose fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment