Friday 20 February 2009

Muscle in a Month Day 19 - More press ups!

A pretty long workout today - 60 sets but managed to get through in 75 mins which was cool.

Clean and pressing the 20kg KB for 5 reps, supersetted with windmills using the same. Managed all 4 sets of 40 press ups too which was good - they are getting easier too!

45kg bench press for 6 reps, and 40kg for 6 reps on the close grip benches...

All good.

Measurements all the same (chest 32.5). Weight is still annoyingly 142 ish - still 4lb down on the start of the challenge but I don't count that as I had been 140 on the Friday so most if not all of that 6lb I'd gained over the weekend usually drops back within the week. Reckon I'll see the weight drop in the week after though, going to have a mainly yoga week and do lots of foam rolling (honest...) and that should see the body stabilise.

Also would have been better if I had just stuck to the nutrition plan I was on before the challenge as the weight had been steadily dropping. Changing to 'following' a programme did disrupt my equilibium somewhat and while some of the changes have been beneficial I could have done with leaving things as they were, as it was working really well. Next time I do this I'll do my own thing on the nutrition front, and not follow the Elimination Diet as such (my diet is not far off it but I really don't like the concept of banning anything - been there and bought the disordered T-shirt, thanks).

Anyway, wonder what we've got in store tomorrow. Crazy that there are only 9 workout days left - this last week (today and Tuesday being the exception) has felt so light - since last Friday workouts have been a bit shorter and we've had a couple of rest days, but left me feeling itching for more! Shows the conditioning has improved I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment