Monday 9 February 2009

Muscle In a Month - Day 8 Workout: 4 x 40 Press Ups - again!!

Enjoyed today's workout (in a strange kinda way!).

Managed the 4 sets of 40 press ups again which I was really pleased with and actually managed to up my reps / weight on certain exercises, despite thinking I'd be feeling weaker...

Bench press up to 5 reps 50kg, Hammer Curls 6 reps 12.5kg DBs, Flye up to 10 kg 12 reps, BB curls 20kg bar 12 reps, C&P 16kg KB, Shoulder press up to 12 reps with 9kg. Did the 10 sets of 10 SLDLs with 60kg, CG Chest Press with 2 x 20kg DBs 5 reps, last set couldn't manage rep 3 so essentially 2 + 3. Extensions 20kg bar...

Feel much less sore in general, as seems to be the norm. Not sure how I'm going to manage yoga tonight - sun salutations are basically close grip press ups and my triceps aren't up to much more today!

But really enjoying the challenge, enjoying the daily 'excitement' over what the next day's workout will have in store and enjoying getting to train every day! I usually take rest more because I know I should, or feel like I need it. It's liberating knowing we are purposefully getting into the overtraining realm, so it doesn't matter!

Elimination Diet is all good too. The only thing I miss are my protein shakes / bars as they are so convenient and easy to control calories - I'm still having the Solgar Whey in shakes (unsweetened) but much prefer my yummy Dorian - makes delicious oaty pancakes and porridge!

My carb levels are higher than normal, mostly as I'm eating more fruit where I might otherwise have had a shake /bar, so shouldn't be a big deal. Hitting nearer equal on the macros than usual which I've been trying to do for ages - previously was low on carbs and fat and 45% ish on protein. Swapping shakes for nuts and fruit has averaged that out a bit better... I am finding I'm pretty hungry and I have let my calories increase a little, but still aiming for 500 cal average deficit per day (based on readings from my Go Wear fit - the armband thing I'm wearing in some of the pics... Under-reads if anything, especially with resistance training and cycling). I was on about 750 deficit in Jan, but mainly because I don't want to end up overtrained too early and because I'm eating 100% clean figured a bit more is not a bad thing. Will adjust if the weight stays constant this week though (although I know this is about increasing muscle, but I can't help wanting the scales to read what I want them to read!).

No comments:

Post a Comment